Tuesday, April 27, 2010

frogs, ranas


I think frogs are terribly ugly animals. I say so maybe because I am Cuban and I saw too many frogs in my life over there. They were like a pest.

The problem is that big ones have jumped on me when I least expected it, like when I just woke up in my school dormitory and went to have a wash, the animal was on the door and jumped on top of me and I went on running and screaming until I thought it jumped on somebody else, reality nightmare #1

Another time I woke up from my sleep thinking about a frog and straight away one huge monster frog jumped on my face, nightmare # 2

In Cuba frogs are seen as very ugly animals. In Australia most people have a ceramic or plastic one in their gardens, something that to me seemed odd.
Recently on a trip to St. George, Queensland, there were these beautiful small frogs, something I never thought I would say about this animal, only because they had a rich green colour and they were miniature. They look innocent.

2 comments:

  1. I'm not a friend of frogs either. Too wet & slippery for my liking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have green frog nightmares too! For the same reason - one jumped on me unexpected when I was very young and it felt so slimy on my face. Great story.

    ReplyDelete