Thursday, September 9, 2010

Spring Desserts.


I have been cooking very nice desserts lately. Cooking or baking makes me feel calm, in control and disperses any negative thoughts that may fly through my head. Plus I love it, getting all the ideas of how it is going to work, if there is anything I can substitute and how others and I will enjoy the final product by seeing and savouring it.

I had made this panna cotta recipe from Donna Hay a few times and decided to add more yogurt plus vanilla and the end result tastes wonderfull.

Vanilla and lemon yogurt panna cotta.

200 ml pouring cream
½ cup milk
½ cup icing sugar
2 teaspoons powdered gelatine
2 tablespoons water
1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
1 cup plus 1 tablespoon thick natural yogurt


· Place cream and milk in a saucepan over low medium heat and simmer for 5 minutes.

· Combine gelatine and water and set aside for 5 minutes.
· Remove the cream mixture from the heat, add the icing sugar and stir until dissolved.
· Add the gelatin mixture, vanilla, lemon juice, lemon rind and stir until combined.
· Whisk in the yogurt
· Pour into a mould and refrigerate for 4 hours or until firm.

No comments:

Post a Comment